Thursday, July 28, 2011

Busy

So ..  I havent been very good at keeping up with blogging. So much has happened in the past couple of months.. So I do have alot of things I can blog about if I just take the time and blog lol. This past month has been very stressful which i will explain in a future blog. But I think this week has been the worst. My daughter Ava has Hand, Foot, and Mouth.. she is beyond pitaful and has until this morning been screaming none stop in pain. no matter how i keep up with the doses of tylenol every 4 to 6 hrs it seems she is still in pain. It came up on Monday and i knew right then what it was . Hunter had it when he was two but it was only in his mouth. Poor ava has it in her mouth, on her butt, and her feet. So on Tuesday I went ahead and took her to the dr. I normally like to see our regular peditrican but dr moore was off and since ava was going on no sleep and in so much pain I took her in. I had hope that dr hammond would give ava the same med hunter received acyclovir to help coat the ulcers.. well i thought wrong.. the dr refused to give her anything and said that acyclovir would not help her at all.. this upset me very much cuz if i just wanted to be told there is nothing we can do and it was what i thought hfmd then i would have just stayed home. Needless to say we will make sure from now on we only see dr moore. So wednesday morning after another sleepless nite i called and left a msg for moore to call. She did and guess what she called in the acyclovir for Ava. So now today she is feeling a lil bit better.. she at least has eaten some yogurt and drank two cups of milk unlike the previous days of wanting nothing. I am hoping that tomorrow she will feel even better.

http://children.webmd.com/tc/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease-topic-overview

Here is a link on hand , foot and mouth just in case no one has heard of it ... I never knew of the virus until Hunter had gotten it and I really dont remember anyone having it when I was a young kid growing up. The virus does take 3 to 7 days to show signs of the child having it .. normally the child will get a low grade fever first and then the ulcers will start showing up. There is really no medicine to give to make the virus go away. It is something that has to run its course BUT there is medicine that will coat and number the mouth area so their is less pain from the ulcers. This virus generally causes u to be contagious for up to 3 wks. It also causes the patient to lose appetite and if not careful you can become dehydrated so it is good to maintain lots of fluids. All I have to say is that it is a horrible virus and it is very sad to see a child have to deal with tons of ulcers in their mouth and i wish that no child ever had to get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment